Parks & Recreation
Tuesday, January 19 2016
January 19, 2016
ATTENDING: Kevin Murray, Chairman; Desra Keenan, Secretary; Steve Zimmerman; Jackie Tallon, Township Manager; and, Lois Reitnour, Administrative Assistant
Meeting was brought to order at 7:05 PM.
Swamp Creek Stomp – April 2, 2016
The following was discussed:
- Awards for the 5K/10K Run – Two weeks prior to the run, registrations will be calculated to determine the number of separate awards to be ordered. If not enough pre-registration for the 10K just the overall award will be given out.
- Time slot for the kids “Fun Run” to be determined day of race.
- Corrections and changes were made to the registration form. Registration online fee - $30; day of race registration fee - $35.
- Active.com for online registrations.
- Contracted Pretzel City for two (2) e-mail blasts at $95 per blast; $35 for posting on web site; and, $35 for distributing Swamp Creek Stomp flyers at local events they are timing - Total cost - $260. Flyers (500) will be printed by township office and given to Pretzel City for event distribution.
- Second Wind contracted for chip timing. Deposit of $100 was sent. Kevin to contact Joe from Second Wind to discuss exact services and items provided under contract. Also inquire about customizing bibs.
- Steve will handle obtaining quotes, samples and ordering of trophies. Last year trophies were ordered from Bucks Mont Awards and Engraving. Kevin suggested also contacting Bridgeport Trophy Company. Checking with Ron Hanish on left over medals for the Kids Run.
- Excel spreadsheet of mailing list sponsors to be sent to Kevin for updating.
- Trail maintenance schedule for February 28th – 9:00 a.m. at Wayland Park
- Check into the use of Second Wind sound system to pipe music.
- Use of drone to cover the event. Kevin will check.
Christmas Tree Recycling
Christmas Tree collection from Perkiomen Crossing, Ivy Ridge and Clover Lane netted 67 trees. Use of township truck assisted greatly in the collection.
On January 11, 2016, Ms. Tracy Tackett, Township Planner, forwarded information to Township Manager to be presented to the Parks Board regarding Spring Bare Root Tree Offer for Municipalities in Bucks, Chester, Delaware & Montgomery Counties.
Desra’s husband Robert reviewed the list of trees available and indicated his recommendation for preferred trees for planting. Cost per tree for the municipality is $25 with a minimum purchase of 8 trees and a maximum purchase of 20 trees. Orders must be placed by February 8, 2016. Tree pick up is Thursday, April 21, 2016 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard.
Board decision was that more information regarding planting, locations for the trees and availability of road crew to pick up trees need to be obtained.
Parks Board New Member
There have been no prospects for a new member to the Board. Notice have been placed on the Parks Facebook page and sign placed along roadside at Township. Keep looking.
Multi-Park Board Summit
No information received on this year’s summit meeting.
The next Parks Board meeting will be held on February 16, 2016 at 7:00 PM.
The February 11, 2016 Board of Supervisors Meeting will be attended by Kevin Murray.
Kevin motioned and Steve seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:18 pm. Motion was approved by all.